Thursday, December 31, 2009

Back in Business

Who would have thought that the snow and cold weather would mean more eggs! I collected 9 eggs yesterday, that is amazing! We placed a heat lamp in the hen house to keep the water from freezing, maybe the 24 hour light keeps the hens from molting (spelling) or roosting, or maybe the young hens are finally at max production, or maybe they love to see my smiling face twice a day when I water them and gather eggs over break? Whatever the reason, we are back in the egg business!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job chickens. I'm sure it's your precious voice! Hope your Bret and Bri are enjoying their time off also! You all have a Happy New Year! Be careful! We love ya Aunt Lisa

Lori said...

I am a firm believer that it is not your voice, I am going with the 24 hour light.

Anonymous said...

Hey, those green-blue eggs are large too! Thanks for being the keeper of the chickens - Love MOM

Lough Family

Lough Family
Blake, Leslie, Brett and Briley

Blog Archive

About Me

mother of 2, wife of 13 years, ART teacher, goat tier