Sunday, April 17, 2011

Chicks!!!

At 6:30 p.m. this evening, I return to to the basement to check the eggs. For the past 21 days I have turned the eggs 3 times a day, misted the eggs for 3 day and checked the temperature. To my surprise, I found 3 eggs with holes in them. After supper, I return to check again... one hatched! It is the ugliest, little, soggy-looking, weak, creature I have ever seen, but in its own way it is soooo cute. Then about 10 minutes later... soggy, ugly chick #2 hatched, even more miserable-looking than the first. As pitiful as they look, I am totally amazed at them. How many more will there be????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, how exciting! I can't wait to see the little critters!
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

I'm sure glad the chickens pulled through and gave you something to blog about. I was afraid when you featured the cat you were digging deep! Happy Easter Chicks! Love Mom

Lough Family

Lough Family
Blake, Leslie, Brett and Briley

Blog Archive

About Me

mother of 2, wife of 13 years, ART teacher, goat tier