Monday, October 10, 2011

Farming

Again this year we planted a smalll patch of the ranch in soybeans last spring. With our 18 acres of beans, we hire out our planting and harvesting. It took our "custom farmer" two hours to cut the beans. Within the two hours, the girls and I took BBQ beef sandwiches to the field. I remember loading in the station wagon with grandma and mom to take lunch to the field, to Edna's. It was ice tea and wash-day dinner at its best, on the tailgate those fall days. Later, I also remember being bummed because I had to go to school and everyone else got to take lunch to the field.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is it that it always tasted better in the field? And, where were thos meals when we were in the bean field?:)
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

First of all that is one of my favorite memories of being a farm partner and raising kids! My favorite time of the year and I suppose money coming in didn't hurt either! To Linds comment I believe you were being punished when you were in the bean field! Those roots run deep! Love, MOM

Lough Family

Lough Family
Blake, Leslie, Brett and Briley

Blog Archive

About Me

mother of 2, wife of 13 years, ART teacher, goat tier