Monday, August 24, 2009

Believe it or Not!

You will never believe what happened to me over the weekend... let me set the stage. August 22 was the last Midwest Family Rodeo. Our family had a successful year, not necessarily with price money, but in other ways. Brett is becoming more confident with her riding everyday, and actually wants to ride everyday. Briley has a love/hate relationship with her pony, but loves to ride by "herself." Blake has had a "personal trainer"... thanks Steve, and is learning more and more. And for myself... Saturday, I won a buckle. I wish I could tell you it was my excellent horsemanship or speedy goat tying... but that's not it at all. I won the buckle for being 'the runner" and yes that's really funny. If you know my "track record," you know I am a slow runner, always have been, always will be! Never a track star in high school, and I haven't gotten any faster over the past "few" year! Anyway, in Ribbon Roping, a roper ropes a calf, then the runner takes the ribbon off the tail of the calf and runs across the line... that's me, the runner, I'm the 2009 Champion Ribbon Roping Runner at the Midwest Family Rodeo. Thanks Rog!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Les, Sorry we had to miss it. I really should have been at the family rodeo!!!
Aunt Kath

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Go you!! And might I ask what in the sam hill you are doing up and around and blogging before 6 in the morning!? I'm usually up but no where near "around!"

Anonymous said...

Wow! I knew that Jr. High track training would come in handy sometime -- Congrats on a very pretty buckle. Love MOM p.s. practice makes purfect

Lough Family

Lough Family
Blake, Leslie, Brett and Briley

Blog Archive

About Me

mother of 2, wife of 13 years, ART teacher, goat tier