Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Clean Freak... NOT!

Great plan, deep clean one room of my house a day. In theory, I should have my house "cleaned" in 12 days. In reality, I may have it "cleaned" by next year at this time... maybe. As most of you know, cleaning is not one of my top priories in life. So far this week, I have deep cleaned my bathroom and the laundry room (the two smallest room in the house). Because I don't like to clean, I have been taking cleaning advice from my family. When I say deep cleaning I mean scrub the floor with vinegar and baking soda, thanks Ed; wipe the walls with my new Wet Mop Swiffer, thanks Lindsay; dust everything; and mop. WOW! I have overworked myself this week, I think I should take a break until next week. I still think Aunt Julie has the best cleaning advice, but it is still a secret! I would also like you to know that none of these tips are from my mother, wonder why?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mother was a very fanatic clean freak. Usually things skip a generation, that's my excuse - what's yours. Really there is just not time to fit everything in. Maybe I'll get better. By the way, the Amish have such simple homes. I marvel about them. Love MOM

Libby said...

Les - Not sure what your Aunt Julie's secret is? But I'll let you in on mine! Go to the nearest Amish house tell them you would like to hire someone from there home to clean your home. Believe me it will be the BEST money you ever spend! I'm speaking from expereience.
And the best part, they are generally cheap, I pay $6.00 an hour.
Libby

Anonymous said...

I want in on Aunt Julie's secret!!!!
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

I certainly can be bought for my secret! I will guarantee cleaning will be much more enjoyable.

Aunt Julie

Lough Family

Lough Family
Blake, Leslie, Brett and Briley

Blog Archive

About Me

mother of 2, wife of 13 years, ART teacher, goat tier