Monday, February 15, 2010

Coyote Hunt

These are some pictures from the "Great Coyote Hunt" held over the weekend. Thanks to my Marathon "kidsitting" mother, I was able to enjoy my once loved sport again. In the top picture the dogs had put the coyote in a hollow log. Sorry the pictures are a little fuzzy, my phone is not a great digital camera. The hunters were discussing how to get the coyote out. Dogs caught the coyote... 50 points!
This picture is of BL, the big brown blur, and his 3 dogs, Molly, Maggie, and the almost retired Cindy... this could be her last hunt and fight. The dogs were fighting the coyote on the run and put it under some brush until a monster boot helped out... dogs caught the coyote... 50 points!The thrill of the chase is my favorite part, good dogs are amazing! I must admit, I think the kill is a little scary! BL's team turned in 14 or 15 in the 2 day hunt... but didn't hold a candle to his brother-in-laws, I think they just got lucky! Sunday we made a family event of it, the girls got a little bored, but were way excited when they watched a coyote run down the ditch toward BL on his knee watching though his scope... 0 points... better luck next time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the background!!! By the way, Clara still wants a coyote birthday cake...you have to help since you are her coyote hunting hero of an aunt!
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new blog look. Remember your nickname from your father "Sunshine". This blog look reminds me of that! Glad you had fun hunting and enjoying that VALENTINE you wrote about last time. Enjoy your day off, Love MOM

Anonymous said...

Day Off what the heck do you all ever attend school????? Just jealous lol! Love the blog! Bud would love it. He has gone several times around here with a friend who has a bunch of dogs and land! Makes me a little nervous as it seems to always be a all night deal! The blog looks great. I think it rates as one of your crafty projects! Keep up the good work. Tell the girls hello. The girls won there tournament this weekend! Crystal got 2nd in the 3point shoot out. We didn't even know she could shoot from out there. Guess the coaches need to pay a little more attention to their own kids. Oh well it's about over. Yea! Have a great day! Love ya

Lough Family

Lough Family
Blake, Leslie, Brett and Briley

Blog Archive

About Me

mother of 2, wife of 13 years, ART teacher, goat tier