Friday, December 10, 2010

Helicopter Parent?

Recently my principal made a reference to "helicopter parents" while we were having a meeting. Then she explained herself... a parent that hovers over their child and does not let them make decisions for themselves. I thought this term was very interesting. During our evening compute last night, my co-pilot/worker, decided we were raised by a "Stealth-bomber", sit back, let them make their own choices, then when incorrect, bomb them! We tend to parent like we were parented. I feel I am also like a Stealth-bomber. So are you a Helicopter or a Stealth-bomber?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I probably would have been a helicopter but the stealth-bomber treated his wife the same as his children! We all just adjust - Love MOM

Libby said...

I have laughed out loud reading your post :) I'm pretty sure like your mom, I could easily be a Helicopter but the big gun of the house treats his wife like a stealth bomber which in turn the kids get the same treatment. Libby

Lough Family

Lough Family
Blake, Leslie, Brett and Briley

Blog Archive

About Me

mother of 2, wife of 13 years, ART teacher, goat tier