Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pictures

In the darkness of the morning, I sat on the edge of the girl's bed to wake there sleepy head and noticed something. Something hanging on the wall in the clear slops of the grow tall with me wall hanger. There were three pictures staring at me, three pictures of boys. Immediately my mind starts spinning... oh my, who are these boys, boyfriends, last week fourth graders were holding hands, I will have a fourth grader next year! I stumbled over the toys and clothes lying on the floor and throw on the lights. Relieved I see the smiles of the three Rising Stars! My mind was eased a little!

5 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Not gonna lie...I don't know what a Rising Star is but I'm so glad it's not a boyfriend. Ug...and enter you into the world of teaching the same age you are parenting. Scary!

Anonymous said...

I think you are safe if it is the Rising Stars!:) Lindsay

"Davis Herd Wrangler" said...

bahahahaha....that cracked me up;) I did take note of your last 2 words, "a little" :D Raising boys or girls, going out/dating is part of parenting that I'm not looking forward to...... if only I had a crystal ball.

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel. I agree with Mom Davis if only I had a crystal ball. I think I have an old magic 8 ball around here somewhere. DT

Anonymous said...

Oh, young ladies that stage is not so bad! Leslie, you should be prepared by the time it rolls around but agree that longer you wait the better! This old grandma is not ready for broken hearts again. Love MOM

Lough Family

Lough Family
Blake, Leslie, Brett and Briley

Blog Archive

About Me

mother of 2, wife of 13 years, ART teacher, goat tier