Sunday, March 18, 2012

5K


Over a month ago, I decided to join these lovely ladies and train to run a 5K... couch to 5K.

Last Saturday, I ran my first 5K.  Did I get up earlier then most Saturday mornings for this event... yes.  Am I the daughter of a DC Track Hall of Famer... yes.  Did I survive the run... yes.  Did my old, overweight body feel the pain... yes.  Do I love the ladies on this "Diva" team... yes.  Am I going to retire my running shoes... YES!


Great job, Team Shay! I am returning to the couch.
Happy St. Pats Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos and made my eyes get alittle misty! I nearly forgot my old running days. So proud of you! Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

I am PROUD of you!

You CAN'T retire after just one...COME ON!

Thanks for coming to MO MO it was fun!
Libby

Lough Family

Lough Family
Blake, Leslie, Brett and Briley

Blog Archive

About Me

mother of 2, wife of 13 years, ART teacher, goat tier