Saturday, January 24, 2009

Secret Garden

What a great idea, let's paint the kitchen!!! I work best "on the cuff" or spur of the moment! Some of my best accomplishments have been under pressure. Last Thursday, I decided to paint our kitchen. So at 8:07 a.m. (before class started) I was on the Shermin Williams website picking out a color for my walls. I knew I wanted green, but what shade???? At 8:15, I had decided on Secret Garden or Oakmoss. Knowing Blake was running to Ottumwa that day, I give him a call, give him the color information, and ask him choose which one he likes and ask him to pick it up. By 8:25 a.m. (when the tardy bell rings) I had the paint order in and I was ready to teach. Blah, blah, blah, normal day. Around 6:15 I cleaned up supper, Blake headed to the cabin to play cards "with the guys" and oh yes I started painting. I cleaned up the paint at 7:55, (just before Gray's Anatomy starts) and will continue Friday night. Blah, blah, blah, another day. Friday at 4:10 p.m. I crack a refreshment, stir up the paint and by 9ish we (Adam, Lindsay, Blake, and I) were finished turning my nice white walls of 7 years into a "Secret Garden!" I must say it is about time for a little color in my life, and with a little time and a few refreshments anything is possible.
Before











During



















AFTER

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love the color! Very HIP, I'm shocked Linsday didn't pick it out for you since she's the "trend setter." I'm excited you have a blog!

Lough Family

Lough Family
Blake, Leslie, Brett and Briley

Blog Archive

About Me

mother of 2, wife of 13 years, ART teacher, goat tier