Saturday, March 28, 2009

Believe it

Can you believe that this sweet, little, six month old girl will be 7 tomorrow? That blows my mind... And then she turned into this cute little 3 year old!




And now the sweet, cute, little girl is 7 tomorrow... and then in 7 more years???? That blows my mind more... and scares me to death! At 14, will she still be the sweetie she is now? With each stage we see new challenges and more exciting adventures. In each stage, we watch them grow, from being completely dependent of us as a baby, to more independent everyday! From hearing their every breath and cry, to not knowing what happens on the bus or every moment at school. I hope that I have successfully prepared them for their next stage... the next day. As the days turn into months, and months to years, I pray their roots are as deep and as strong as mine!

Here are the pictures of the Birthday Party. High School Musical was the cake design (the cut-out was from a paper plate). Go wildcats! (the red paw prints) In the bottom picture, you can see that the face paint was a hit! By the end of the night, the girls and had crowns on their foreheads. Clara would have let me paint every inch of her skin, she loved the paint. It will only be a matter of time before she paints herself!

4 comments:

shari yahnke said...

happy birthday brett!! looks like a great party!
=miss shari

Anonymous said...

Les - Now that is Sappy! Shame on you for making me look at the whole picture. She is very special as they all are and you were too! Sometimes I look at us all around this 5 mile radius and think maybe we pushed the roots too deep. We love it but it may be selfish on our part. Love MOM

Anonymous said...

Oh, now who is sappy mom!!!! I love our roots, we are very lucky people!!!
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe 7 years have past not to mention 10 years will soon be here and gone. I'm so thankful to have my boys & their families close. When family is not close around, a lot is missed, believe me I know!! Be very thankful of your family roots.
VL

Lough Family

Lough Family
Blake, Leslie, Brett and Briley

Blog Archive

About Me

mother of 2, wife of 13 years, ART teacher, goat tier