Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Homemade gifts

A few years ago my crazy, clever, organized, crafty, sewing sister decides that we (my siblings, their spouses and I) should make homemade gifts for each other for Christmas. Of course, this was a challenge, so we all jumped on board. Competitiveness is a strong gene of ours. I must admit we have made some pretty crafty objects, and some really corny one also... no pun intended, Lindsay... the corn neck warmers. This past Christmas my brother made benches from oak boards. Over one of my many breaks the past month, I decided to finish my bench and replace the two old chairs at my kitchen table with the new bench. Wallah! Here it is, the 3 B and L brand makes this bench one of a kind and looks awesome at our $50 farmsale, handmade table! Before my many long hours of sanding and varnishing... I have no patients...
we moved it upstairs, I think the varnish was dry...
after Blake added his touch... absolutely perfect!



3 comments:

Libby said...

Looks AWESOME. Way to go Lincoln. If I do say so myself your homemade gifts this year scored high!

PS. Spotted a very "SMALL" camper last night on our way to a BB game. Going today to find out the price on her. You in for flipping it? Of course once we get Lindsay up and running?

Anonymous said...

Awesome looking bench. I think I might do the "nasty" and paint mine navy. It will wait until spring. Glad to see the update and keep the creative juices flowing -- Love MOM

Anonymous said...

So Les... It's now Mon. and the last creative blog was last Wed. Work has been busy but I look forward to a little piece of back home each day. Probably as busy as we are and just not had time to share. I love the remote holder. Those of us in the family with little to no creative talent are soooo proud that at least Sue Ellen got a little Giles blood and graciously passed it on. Although I will have to say Julie and Nan's dish rags are holding up much better then I expected in our household! Keep up the blogging we all enjoy! Love ya Aunt Lisa

Lough Family

Lough Family
Blake, Leslie, Brett and Briley

Blog Archive

About Me

mother of 2, wife of 13 years, ART teacher, goat tier