Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bottle Calves




The girls started working with their bottle calves this week. If you remember, Buffalo Bill is the one in the top picture, he is as tame as a dog. However, he does not lead very well. I can't lead him and twist his tail, and Brett is still a little timid. So I had the great idea to tie him to the lawnmower to lead up to the other barn so the girls could wash him. He got a little upset and I was determined to get him to the other barn... he was pulling so hard on the lawn mover that it was stuck in the wet grass. Finally, after I was pushing on him, him pushing me, and a blessing from God we made it to the barn without the lawn mover. I hope Bill learned his lesson... or maybe I learned one. As for Rosie, she is the super-sub for Tiny Tim, she is a nice little heifer that even Halfpint can lead. (picture #2) Make sure to check out the gloves the girls are wearing in all three pictures. Tuesday night the girls have their bottle calf interviews, they could tell some interesting stories!


3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh my!! That is funny also I think I remember a time or two when we had a determined person, or calf!! Good work with the gloves, much better then burnt hands!

Anonymous said...

Those lovely ladies need those gloves to keep their hands in good shape with the wild beasts they are leading! Good pictures and glad to see smiles on their faces - hope interviews go well, Love MOM

Anonymous said...

First the gloves in the Christmas pictures and now this. Love the pictures. DT

Lough Family

Lough Family
Blake, Leslie, Brett and Briley

Blog Archive

About Me

mother of 2, wife of 13 years, ART teacher, goat tier