Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Garden Goods

Tonight for supper we enjoyed our first crop of garden goods, wilted lettuce and broccoli... home grown! I might have picked the broccoli a little early, but I couldn't wait any longer. The wilted lettuce was great even though we didn't have any radishes. I am not sure what happened to the radishes this year. I know who can't grow radishes... me! We picked a few early, then rain, rain, rain, now they are going to seed, oh well. My peas are blooming, peas and potatoes are next, yum, yum! BL also picked up soft serve ice to eat with fresh strawberries tonight, AWESOME! Thanks Mom for sharing. The thought of fresh strawberries and ice cream got me through my tough day of cleaning out the basement.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to get my rear in gear and pick some lettuce for wilting! Glad you enjoy your garden, good for your whole family's health. Enjoy your first few days home of summer, Love MOM

Anonymous said...

Good job on the garden!!! Believe it or not the Missouri crew had a late frost that really hurt our early crop. Things have been replanted so maybe before long. Congrats on making it through another year! I wondered how Julie would do walking out for the last time but she was a trooper and seemed good! For some reason I'm not sure I will worry about you being sad on your last day! lol Enjoy your summer! I am sure the girls are thrilled to have you home!!! Twins are in BBall camp this week and again the 14th. Jena is going to spend some time with us in July. She is planning on going to Des Moines with the girls. Hope to get to see ya all soon! Love Ya

Lori said...

I had radishs, not a lot but a few you could have came over and had some!! I think our ground was to hard to grow many radishs!

Anonymous said...

I need to do some wilted lettuce myself....however my broccoli looks a little rough after the storm last night..they were so pretty, hope the sunshine brings them out of it!!!
Lindsay

Lough Family

Lough Family
Blake, Leslie, Brett and Briley

Blog Archive

About Me

mother of 2, wife of 13 years, ART teacher, goat tier