Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Memories

I remember when I was about 10 years old, my grandma killing a skunk. My brother, sister, and our neighbor kids, who we spent a lot of time with, were playing at Grandma's house in the yard. All the sudden, Grandma instructed us to get to the porch, there was a skunk in the yard. I can still see the images of Grandma slaying the skunk with a hoe. Some things never change. A few days ago, the girls and I watch Grandma from her kitchen window beating a opossum with a broom. The difference, she's 80, I'm a mom, and the girls will be the ones left with memories!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the truth!!! I can still picture her slaying the skunk, that oppossum didn't stand a chance. Now if she could just get that groundhog...Maybe she scared it away:)
Lindsay

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!!! A book needs to be written about Chuck and our memories! Uncle Jimmy and I used to drive around singing "OLE OPPOSSUM ROAD," when I was a little girl! Fun Times!

Anonymous said...

That Chuck could always handle herself! She will keep those animals at bay! Love MOM

Anonymous said...

Julie and I remember you 3 telling us the skunk killing story when you were young. Your eyes were sooooo big telling us the story. It's one of those stories that rates right up there with the "Roper won't spill" story. ;) Oh the memories, they are all priceless!!!! Julie and Nancy

Lough Family

Lough Family
Blake, Leslie, Brett and Briley

Blog Archive

About Me

mother of 2, wife of 13 years, ART teacher, goat tier