Thursday, August 16, 2012

Art Teacher

As we started a new school year today, I started a new chapter to my book.  I am the k-6 Art teacher this year.  For the past 12 years I have been in the same room, teaching the same things.  And this year I am challenging myself to a new position.  As an art teacher, I felt a little lost this morning as the bell rang and no one was in my room.  After 45 minutes of quiet, not normal, my first class arrived... 6th graders.  Those familiar faces, that were once 4th graders, were so pleasant to see.  As the day progressed, I have a new respect for all Kindergarten teachers.  I found myself scratching my Kindergarten plans and just surviving the 35 minute class period and encouraging them to stop crying it was almost recess time.  I hope all my students learn as much as I will in this new chapter!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Did you just say, " I ROCK??!" I think you did!!! Might be a first. Also I am glad you get 45 minutes to drink your coffee out of an open ceramic coffee mug, that could spill or break!! Enjoy your challenge!

Anonymous said...

Hee hee after 20 years of being a kindergarten teacher i cant imagine doing anything else! I love it and love having your sister as a partner in k time lol! And yes lori i do believe she said that you"rock" lol melissa :)

Anonymous said...

I left a comment on my Kindle but I will quit that because it never posts even though it says it does! Great move and I know you will enjoy all the ages and classes after you realize 35 minutes you can handle anything! Loved seeing your girls on bus today for their 1st day! Love, MOM

Lough Family

Lough Family
Blake, Leslie, Brett and Briley

Blog Archive

About Me

mother of 2, wife of 13 years, ART teacher, goat tier