Monday, February 2, 2009

Handyman!!

This is my handyman!! (a.k.a. husband, dad, trencher man, "wolf" hunter and so on...) He is the best! We needed a TV stand for our new investment. I said I can't find a stand I like. He said "Do you want me to make one out of barn boards?" I love barn board and he knows it! He was thinking... make it, save money. The truth is, I love homemade one-of-a-kind objects.
We decided we needed a new TV. Please define need and want. We wanted a new TV. We shopped around for one day, actually only about 2 hours, then bought a new 37" TV. I must confess, one is thinking 37 inches, if you are going to get a new TV get a NEW, BIG, PLASMA TV!! On this ranch, we had a console 26" TV, a hand-me-down from Blake's brother. From 26" to 37" is a gigantic step for us. Another confession, we (Blake and I) haven't ever bought a TV. So go ahead and say it, IT'S ABOUT TIME!!! Meanwhile back at the ranch, we watched the Superbowl on the new, 37" TV resting upon the unique, handcrafted, barn board TV stand.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We don't have a big TV either! Frugal... you and I... frugal.

Lough Family

Lough Family
Blake, Leslie, Brett and Briley

Blog Archive

About Me

mother of 2, wife of 13 years, ART teacher, goat tier