Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Yesterday, I walked into the school office and saw flower arrangements and a few balloons on the counter, very common site the day before Valentine's day. One certain balloon caught my eye, it read "Wanna get lucky" with dice on it. I automatically thought- nice! I say to our secretary while laughing, "Wow, what a balloon!" She calmly looks up for her desk, giggles, and replies, "It's for you." My response, "Yea right, my husband doesn't send flowers." She comments,"Look at the card." Sure enough, the card said my name, and yes I panicked. I frantically hide the balloon in the corner of the office and threatened her that if the "balloon" left the office it might get ugly. I didn't want 25 4th graders asking questions. Oh, my face must have been the color of very festive redish-pink shirt. Luckily, the balloon didn't get delivered to my room until after school. Blake was successful with his plan to embarrass the holy snot of of me. Mission accomplished! The 6 beautiful red roses attached the the embarrassing balloon are wonderful! Great table decoration for a snowy weekend.
Briley decorated her Valentine box for her preschool party this week. Between Brett, Briley and I, we had candy hearts, little cards and a box of spilled Nerds all over the living room, thank goodness for vacuums.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work Blake!!!! Lindsay

Lough Family

Lough Family
Blake, Leslie, Brett and Briley

Blog Archive

About Me

mother of 2, wife of 13 years, ART teacher, goat tier