Monday, February 20, 2012

Love Freezer Meals

Today my sister, a friend, and I got together and made freezer meals.  We each brought the ingredients to make 6 of one dish.  For example, I took large pasta shells, meat sauce, cheese, spinach, and cottage cheese.  Linds made 42 ham balls, and Lex brought corn, beans, hamburger, tortilla shells and made taco bakes.  In 2 hours we had lots of dirty dishes and our freezer meals were complete.  Now my freezer has 2 taco bakes, 2 stuffed shells pans, and 2 pans of ham balls ready to pop in the oven and serve for supper.  Linds and I made CCP (chicken pot pie) and spaghetti bake a over Christmas break... I love having something good in the freezer ready to bake.  On those "I am out of everything," or "Get home at 6 or so," or "BL, can you start supper?" nights, the freezer meals are GREAT!

Let me know if anyone has any great freezer meal recipes, we are planning to do this again in a few months.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You girls are so clever! You should be very thankful that you can have fun together while getting suppers in freezer. Some of the less fortunate had to work today! Love,MOM

Anonymous said...

I"m sure I could find a GOOD freezer meal recipe...if you'll invite me to your meal making party :)

Anonymous said...

You have inspired me LKL! I am home all day with the ankle biters and there are still evenings when it hits 5 bells and I think, WELL CRAP, what am I going to cook for supper! So I pour a glass of wine and ponder until something comes to me...gracias senorita! Now, I will be contacting you soon for recipes!
:)
MacKenzie

Lough Family

Lough Family
Blake, Leslie, Brett and Briley

Blog Archive

About Me

mother of 2, wife of 13 years, ART teacher, goat tier