Monday, February 6, 2012

Penelope

I will start my month of "loving" posts with my first born... Penelope.  I just started calling her that because most Penelopes are sweet little girls with blue eyes and golden hair, and they are nice to all creatures, large and small.  Plus, I haven't ever had a Penelope in school, so no one has spoiled that name.  When I was a little girl, my aunt would tell me stories of Penelope and her puppy.  I guess the name is embedded in my memory.  In these stories, Penelope would find trouble but always make the right choice.  So our Penelope, I adore her, she's sweet, stubborn, shy, pleasing, helpful, and very laid back.  I love when she helps unload the dishwasher, when I sing to her every night she looks at me like I am the best thing in the world, and when she is in trouble, she crumbles.  When she was 5 months old, she would sit on the floor content with the world... she is still content with watching the world around her. I love that she thinks before she talks, and she processes everything with deep thought.  At every parent/teacher conference, she makes us proud.  Penelope is the apple from my tree.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a very in-debth post that brought a tear to my eye! I think she is an apple from your tree. She gets the best from you both and I remember clearly what you were like at that age! Can't wait for "love" posts during the rest of the month. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

She truly is a wonderful little girl!! Probably from the wondderful influence her Aunt Lindsay had on her as a small child or should i say the spoiling:)
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Thank you mom. YOU ARE THE BEST

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Lough Family

Lough Family
Blake, Leslie, Brett and Briley

Blog Archive

About Me

mother of 2, wife of 13 years, ART teacher, goat tier